Whirligig is a VR media player for the Oculus Quest for playback and viewing of video files and images. It support a wide range of projection types, render paths and has many other features to make your experience as enjoyable as possible.
Tutorials highlighting some of the features and how to use them here:
- A large range of projection types to choose from all with mono, over under and side by side stereo options.
- 3 render paths to choose from. Eco Player, Media Play and Video Lan.
A selection of backgrounds to choose.
- Give you media an outer glow.
- Subtitle support with accompanying srt files.
- 16 Save/Load slots to save your position in files and bookmark them for later.
- 16 preset slots so yo can easily save and load the settings you like most for your films.
Video Format Support
As Whirligig support 3 different video paths it is compatible with a wide range of video formats.
Whirligig works with most jpg and png files but works best when the image file resolution has a factor of 2.
Supported Projection Types
100,110,120,130,140,150,160,170,180,190,200,210,220,230,240,250,260,270,280,290,300,310,320,330,340,350,360. Barrel also has height degrees and squash options to get the perfect projection.
Whirligig support standard flat screen playback with additional options to curve, resize and set distance of the screen.
Whirligig can work with none standard projections including:
Cube Map Horizontal Tee
Cube Map Horizontal
Cube Map Vertical Tee
Cube Map Vertical
Facebook Cube Map 3x2
GardenGnome Cube Map 3x2
Kodak PixPro SP360
Ricoh Theta S
Samsung Gear 360
Vray Cubemap Invert
You can watch you flat screen content in a variety of environments including:
Luxury home cinema